Our dogs, cats and other pets may be our best friends but they can and often do leave awful smells in the house. From house training in young animals to incontinence in our older pets, and a variety of not-so-sweet smells in between, animals can and often do change the interior environment!
Here at Clean-LA Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning, we receive constant in the field training for most household environments.
So what do you do when your pet has an accident or a family member or friend has an accident on your furniture.
1. Take up as much of the spill as possible using a towel, or a clean rag, or a clean cloth.
2. Then gently press a clean towel, or a rag, or a cloth into the spill, apply pressure and try to remove as much of the spills moisture as possible. DO NOT SCRUB! No matter how badly you want to (lol) just resist because scrubbing can cause damage to the fibers of your furniture and may set the stain permanently into your upholstery.
3. Next add warm water, (or soda water if you have it on hand) to the spill. Make sure the water is not to hot as this will also set the stain. Then start slowly blotting (applying pressure in different areas of the spill) the stain until color stops transferring to the cloth.
4. If the stain persists, make a detergent solution by adding a ¼ tsp of dishwashing liquid to 1 cup of warm water.
5 . Apply the solution to the spill and let sit for 5 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Repeat until all the solution is removed.
6. Place a paper towel on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels and let sit overnight.
7. Once the fabric is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
8. If the stain persists, repeat step 3 through 7.
Whether it is dust mites, pesticides, allergens, grease, oil, sand, soil, food, water, coffee, bacteria and what not. When these contaminants are present in your carpets and upholstery they will bring down the quality of air in your house. They can lead to allergies, shortness of breath, irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, ears and skin. If you or any other family member is suffering from any respiratory disorders, these contaminants can bring on the symptoms of these disorders.
There are many people who are very sure to clean their bathrooms every couple of days to make sure that they keep bacteria and other problems away, but many of the same people forget about upholstery cleaning. Even the cleanest people may forget that upholstery cleaning is an important part of keeping your house clean and a healthy place to live. There are a variety of health benefits that actually come from having upholstery cleaning done regularly and it is important that you take advantage of these benefits and having upholstery cleaning done on your upholstery.
Clean-LA provides the absolute best carpet cleaning in Los Angeles, carpet cleaning in Van Nuys, carpet cleaning in Torrance, Agoura, best carpet cleaning in Palos Verdes, carpet cleaning in Redondo Beach, carpet cleaning in Manhattan Beach. We feel it is our obligation to give back to the community so we have started this informative blog to help families. Carpet cleaning is our passion and we strive to give our customers the lowest prices while still allowing us to stay in business.
We Service Residential homes and apartments, Commercial properties which include – office buildings, industrial property, medical offices, medical centers, hotels, motels, malls, retail stores, churches…you name it – we clean it!
Carpet Cleaning in Los Angeles and the Greater Los Angeles area requires the best carpet cleaner because that is what our customers deserve. Clean-LA is constantly striving to improve the quality of the carpet cleaning service that we offer. There are always Carpet Cleaners out there that claim one thing and then do another. Clean-LA always delivers the best carpet cleaning service for the amount that we charge.
Clean-LA has a variety of services that we offer: carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, upholstery cleaning, grout cleaning, water damage, air duct cleaning, area rug cleaning.
Check Out Here For Carpet Cleaning Monterey Park